2 Jan 2014

A New Year, A New Country, A New Start...

It's a matter of days until I leave the UK for pastures new in Central Europe - 30 to be specific. The wife and I are moving to Geneva, and we're in the throws of packing up our lives into small boxes, which will in turn be put into the hands of removal men, only to be unpacked (possibly in pieces) at the other end. 

We are going because that is where her work is taking her, and in turn me. It's at times incredibly exciting, and at times the most terrifying thing I've ever done. Which shows you what a sheltered little life I've had. 

I'm not usually one for New Year's resolutions, but the fact we are about to toddle off has made me oddly reflective. Time to start afresh. 

So in my world, this New Year is a time for the three r's - retrospection, re-prioritising, and redesign. 

Over the next few weeks I expect to be reflecting a lot on my time as a cyclist in London. There have been some hits and some near misses, some highs and some lows. London is changing, cyclists are getting more attention and call me naive but there is a real feeling that things might get better. I like to think that when I return, maybe in a few years, I'll come back to a safer and more cycle-friendly city. 

I'm also re-prioritising the purpose of this blog, and redesigning it. I have high hopes for what I want to do with it, but I'm going to need you all to keep checking in to keep the momentum going. I've also added a contact page, so if anyone has any feedback it is gratefully received. 

What started as a home for my mad capped quadricycle ideas, then became a place for my blah-ing on about bikes when I fell back in love with two wheels. I was tempted to start completely afresh, but I like the evolution. 

As for now, I'm just making the most of my time in LDN, before I swap it for GVA. I'm hoping you'll join me for the ride...



No comments:

Post a Comment