25 Oct 2012

Free PVC Pipe Trailer Plans - the prototype

So I've perfected my design for the PVC pipe bike trailer that I am planning on building. It's important to me to release these free of charge because people using their bikes more can only be a good thing. I'll do my best to make the plans comprehensive and easy to use.

Unlike other designs I am going to have a central mount, which will be under the saddle. The reason for this is because both my girlfriend and I ride different size/style bikes. Her bike is a whopping great Dutch style bike with massive 700c wheels. Mine is a shopper bike from the 1980's which happily rocks a pair of 20inch rims - I am that cool!

So yeah, in short if the trailer is mounted under the saddle (which remarkably given the difference in frame size is a similar height) we can both use the trailer for the weekly shop. If I make it axel mounted then, in short, I'm going to get stuck with the Sainsbury's run so there.

I've mocked up a prototype with some cake pop sticks we had lying around, and this has been a great chance to think through the process. I'll now go back, draw some comprehensive plans and shopping list of what you'll need before putting it up on here.

Cake pop sticks, masking tape and cardboard. Lush!



No comments:

Post a Comment