5 Sept 2013

A new start...

When I first started this blog I was adamant I wouldn't have another bike. Instead I wanted to replace this void in my life - left when my beloved Rufus got pinched by some little oik - with a quadricycle. Something closer resembling a car, yes that was the goal.

Me, without Rufus...

Ahem, what was I thinking?! Honestly?

I realise now I was being a plank. Bicycles are awesome, and it's best summerised in this quote by Elizabeth West -

"When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle."

Why I thought I was capable of better one of the best inventions in the world, I'll never know. Why I thought it was necessary, again, you've lost me. 

So this blog will continue, hopefully with more regular updates, as I continue on my biking adventure.

I now am the owner of a Carrera MTB and a Raleigh Compact; Rosie and Susan respectively. This blog will document our adventures, highs and lows, hills and whizzy downhill bits, as I fall in love with the simple bicycle again. 

To be honest, that's already happened.

And now, if you are still reading, here is an awesome chap to entertain you... Take it away Bobby!







No comments:

Post a Comment