1 Nov 2013

10 handmade Christmas gift ideas for cyclists - order them now!

Christmas isn't quite upon us yet, but we are already talking about it in our house. Mostly this is because my wife's family live in another country and she's got to be proactive about flights and plans for the festive season. In fact we started talking about Christmas in about June. We are those people.

Anyway, one good thing about being prepared earlier for Christmas is the fact you can order handmade gifts from places like Etsy, Folksy and the like. Often the lead times on some of these things are a bit out of kilter with Christmas, so it's best to get in early. 

Hence what follows, a round up of all the best Christmas gifts you can get for the cyclist in your life.

Alloneword Cycle Caps
Alloneword make some amazing cycle caps. Mary, the lady behind the Etsy store, makes loads of bright, funky cycle caps. You can also embroider names on them for a truly personal touch.
Find out more here.

Stitch-Mi-Lane Snoods
Last year my wife surprised me with a Stich-Mi-Lane snood, and I wore it all winter. In fact I am quite glad it's getting cold again because it means I can put it back on. It's really warm, and deliberately designed not to dangle like a scarf and get caught in the spokes.
Find out more here.

Dog As Pony T-Shirts
I love the slogan on Dog As Pony's inner tube t-shirt. They also have a range of cards and mugs that could accompany your gift giving.

Find out more here.

Tread and Pedals Tree Ornaments
It's tradition in our house that I buy the wife something new for the tree each year, so over time we'll have a tree full of ornaments. I've got my eye on this one this year, something a little different, recycled and fun.

Find out more here.

Walnut Studiolo's Can Holders
What's better than a nice cold drink at the end of a long ride? Maybe a nice cold drink on a nice long ride! I love this can holder, and I'm hinting madly at the wife in a hope I get one in my stocking.

Find out more here

Back to Zero's Wax Seal
I love writing letters, and already own a nice little wax seal. I use it for every bit of old fashioned correspondance. It was a gift from my mother for my 21st, and is the cartoon character I drew on all my school books growing up. If you don't have a little emblem of your own, yet you want your own stamp, look no further than Back to Zero's bike stamp. I love it.

 Find out more here.

Lenny Mud Mug
This is a perfect gift for all those riders who brave every element, for the year rounders who end up in a freezing mess at the end of a commute, or just for those who like a big mug of soup to power their rides.
 
 Find out more here.

Shirtmandude's T-Shirt
I got a very similar t-shirt for my birthday, and it puts a smile on my face everytime I wear it. Silly, a little suggestive, but ultimately true. 

Find out more here.

Sold Chain Reaction Art print
I love this beautiful art print, which would look at home on any cyclist's wall.

Find out more here.

Crafty Cyclist Purse
I love finding new uses for old things, and for ages have been thinking what to do with all the inner tubes that end up littering my garage. Crafty Cyclist has found a solution to the same dilemma and produces beautiful and practical gifts from them. My favorite is this coin purse.

 Find out more here

No comments:

Post a Comment